[RPKI] Routinator 0.8.1 ‘Pure as New York Snow’

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Nov 30 10:15:51 UTC 2020

Dear mailing list,

we are happy to announce the latest release of Routinator, version
0.8.1 ‘Pure as New York Snow.’

Routinator is an RPKI relying party software that collects and
validates statements in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
(RPKI) about allowed route origins and makes them available to the
BGP workflow.

This release is a bug fix release correcting issues found in 0.8.0.

First, when using local exceptions (also called SLURM), VRPs matched by
a prefix filter were still added to the final data set. If you are
using local exceptions to filter VPRs, you should upgrade to 0.8.1.

Second, the prefix validation feature available via the validation
command and the /validity HTTP endpoint accidentally matched host
prefixes with an idendical bit pattern to a covering, less specific VRP,
thus marking such prefixes as valid.

Finally, we introduced two inconsistencies in new config file options
added in 0.8.0. The config key for unknown-objects was using an
underscore instead of a dash and the value for rtr-tcp-keepalive
was expected to be a string rather than an integer value. Both these
have been fixed. However, the previous config key and value type are
still accepted until 0.9.0.

You can find the complete list of changes in the release notes at

   https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator/releases/tag/v0.8.1

Happy Routinating!

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,
Martin