[RPKI] Routinator 0.8.2-rc1 released

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Dec 7 11:32:12 UTC 2020

Hi again,

hit the wrong button while still looking into update times. To continue
and conclude the message:

Martin Hoffmann via RPKI wrote:
> Chris Caputo via RPKI wrote:
>
> > Unsure if related, but I noticed that first-run (empty
> > ~/.rpki-cache) took about 4 minutes with 0.8.1 but with 0.8.2-rc1 a
> > first run took ~12.5 minutes.  I emptied ~/.rpki-cache again and a
> > second fresh attempt took ~9.25 minutes.  (subsequent runs with a
> > non-fresh ~/.rpki-cache took anywhere from 67 to 72 seconds.)

Update times seem to exhibit quite a bit of fluctuation, even with
cache present. The graph shows one update that took 1200 seconds on one
of our test machines.

So I _think_ you just hit a somewhat bad time when updating? The code
for fetching hasn’t changed at all.

Can you perchance try again to confirm? If you are running Routinator
in server mode, you can also get metrics for the update times for the
individual repository servers to find the one the slows everything down.

Kind regards,
Martin