[RPKI] Strange logg

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Sep 26 08:16:19 UTC 2019

Hi Mats,

Mats Mellstrand wrote:

> My loggs fills with lines like
>
> /var/spool/routinator/repository/rrdp/2596136452: bad RRDP server
> directory. Skipping.
>

> Any idea why?

When Routinator starts a new validation run, it looks at all
directories in the rrdp directory, assuming they contain the state of
one RRDP server. If they aren’t, it ignores them with that message.

Which is to say, everything is fine.

I will have a look again at the cleanup mechanism that should delete
all of these directories after the validation run is complete, but this
is all rather tricky with loads of fun little race conditions between
competing Routinator instances (not likely, but I want to avoid
producing wrong VRP lists even in unlikely cases).

In general, everything that is logged with log level INFO can be safely
ignored. So, in practice, running Routinator with "-v" isn’t really
necessary.

HTH and kind regards,
Martin