[RPKI] ROA export seems to fetch only RIPE data

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Tue Dec 4 20:51:26 UTC 2018

Dear Kurt,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 09:39:23PM +0100, Kurt Wauters wrote:
> I've upgrade routinator but i still can't find anything back from
> AS9381.  I'm expecting to see for example 43.251.20.0/22 but it's
> simply missing, there is actually nothing from then ASN or the
> networks behind.

Are you perhaps confusing "IRR route objects" and "RPKI ROAs"?

I do see IRR route objects related to that prefix and ASN, but I don't
see RPKI ROAs: http://irrexplorer.nlnog.net/search/43.251.20.0/22

irrexplorer does not use routinator, but the RIPE NCC RPKI Cache
Validator, so this is not a routinator-specific issue.

> I'm just discovering the world of ROA's so it's probably a mismatch in
> expectations then.

Welcome! If you are new to this it can be helpful to take at the RPKI
FAQ. Please let us know how this reads to you and if you found it
helpful or not:

    https://nlnetlabs.nl/projects/rpki/faq/

But, perhaps the RPKI FAQ should be extended to include a "What is the
difference between an IRR route object and a RPKI ROA?"

Kind regards,

Job