[nsd-users] NSD 4.10.1rc2 pre-release (NOTIFY TCP)

Jan-Piet Mens list at mens.de
Tue Jul 30 20:16:57 UTC 2024

>Regarding whether notifies are still plain UDP. Yes, the config parser
>doesn't accept additional arguments to "notify" and judging by the xfrd
>code anything to do with notify is using UDP, so no TLS yet.

Is there currently or will there by provision for NOTIFY over TCP?

Knot-DNS only supports NOTIFY over TCP and not UDP, so interoperabilty is in
danger. nsd.conf(5) doesn't mention protocol in either notify: or allow-notify:
so I'm hoping [1] will add this capability.

Is it worth an additional issue there?

	-JP

[1] https://github.com/NLnetLabs/nsd/issues/365