[nsd-users] nsd.conf: logfile & log-only-syslog

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon Jan 9 21:51:30 UTC 2023

Am 09.01.23 um 18:27 schrieb Jeroen Koekkoek:
> Sorry, that should've read log-only-syslog. Rest of my former answer
> should still hold though. If log-only-syslog is false and a log-file is
> set, then the log callback should remain unchanged, in which case
> log_file(...) is called, which only logs to the specified file.
>
> Based on the fact that "current_log_function" is "log_file" by default
> and the if-else branch mention in the previous answer.
>
> Let me know if the proposed config settings do the job.

ok, got it:

1. logfile & log-only-syslog not set
    -> log goes to stderr
    -> log goes to /dev/log if available

2. logfile = /dev/stderr
    log-only-syslog not set (or set to "no")
    -> log goes to stderr
    -> log *do not go* to /dev/log even if available

Version 2 (together with "nsd -d") is my intended mode of operation
Thanks!

Andreas