[nsd-users] NSD name server behind Firewall

Mukul Shukla mukulmanet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:13:45 UTC 2022

Dear Kaulkwappe,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have NATed and port forwarded  to my internal name server.

The problem is when I use public IP on my internal name server (in
/etc/nsd/nsd.conf) as ip-address, it gives me an error when I check with
nsd-checkconf. But when I use its own IP address (private) it gives me no
error.

I also want to make Reverse DNS entries for my email server, so I want to
know the correct method of configuring NSD behind a NATed firewall.

Thanks.

Mukul