[nsd-users] NSD 4.3.6rc1 pre-release

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Mar 29 22:14:07 UTC 2021

On 29/03/2021 20:51, Tuomo Soini via nsd-users wrote:

Hi Tuomo,

> This some years old bug is still there, you need to autoreconf --force
> before build to build with systemd, configure gives this error:
>
> checking whether gcc supports -Wno-address-of-packed-member... yes
> configure: error: systemd enabled but need pkg-config to configure for
> it, also, run aclocal before autoconf, or run autoreconf to include
> pkgconfig macros

I don't think there's any bug. I just built an RPM of this version of
NSD on a CentOS 7 system, and it built without any problems. You do need
to ensure that you have all the NSD build dependencies installed.
Perhaps you are missing some of those dependencies. Which distribution
are you trying to build on, and how?

Regards,
Anand