[nsd-users] (no subject)

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Jun 6 15:19:11 UTC 2021

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021, mj via nsd-users wrote:

> Actually: we are in a similar situation. We're currently running bind9, and
> were interested in to switching to NSD for the authorative dns services, but
> it seems that you have to compile newer releases (with security fixes etc)
> yourself, or there is a repo somewhere we're missing?
>
> We're on debian 10. It recommended to simply install the NSD that debian
> comes with, and rely on debian for the security fixes?

Distros are always a little bit slower by design. I'm not as familiar
with Debian/Ubuntu, but I compile the latest NLnetlabs softwate pretty
quickly on Fedora and you can quickly use those spec files on the
slower RHEL/CentOS too. I even recently talked with NLnetlabs about
them/us doing this a bit more structurally.

Paul