[nsd-users] NSD 4.2.3 released (changed behavior)

Greg Bock greg.bock at stackpath.com
Mon Nov 25 19:27:00 UTC 2019

        Am 20.11.19 um 08:17 schrieb Wouter Wijngaards:
        > The confine-to-zone: yesno option from Greg Bock, if enabled stops NSD
        > from responding with data outside of the zone the query was aimed at.
        > Answers contain data that comes from one zone only.

        Hello,

        maybe this feature break "minimal-responses: yes"

        dig @nsd-4.2.2 www.example. A
         -> give only an answer section

        dig @nsd-4.2.3 www.example. A
          -> give an answer AND additional section

        Andreas

Sorry for the top post earlier.

> I just tried every combination of both options as well as defaults at commit
> 8fd09a59ea50db1daab352b5bce67b66bf533eb6 (where my change was introduced) and
> was unable to reproduce this. I can reproduce this at tag NSD_4_2_3_REL
> regardless of either setting. If I find time I'll try to bisect the changes
> between mine and NSD_4_2_3_REL to find the culprit but at a glance this
> appears to have been introduced after my changes.

Bisecting shows this commit to be the culprit:

commit 565630575ff0f13144c680d4f216e3d4c673124b
Author: Jeroen Koekkoek <jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl>
Date:   Wed Jun 12 08:41:23 2019 +0200

    Make configuration parser context aware