[nsd-users] NSD 4.2.3 released (changed behavior)

Greg Bock greg.bock at stackpath.com
Mon Nov 25 18:50:25 UTC 2019

I just tried every combination of both options as well as defaults at commit 8fd09a59ea50db1daab352b5bce67b66bf533eb6 (where my change was introduced) and was unable to reproduce this. I can reproduce this at tag NSD_4_2_3_REL regardless of either setting. If I find time I'll try to bisect the changes between mine and NSD_4_2_3_REL to find the culprit but at a glance this appears to have been introduced after my changes.

On 11/25/19, 11:40 AM, "nsd-users on behalf of A. Schulze" <nsd-users-bounces at NLnetLabs.nl on behalf of sca at andreasschulze.de> wrote:

    Am 20.11.19 um 08:17 schrieb Wouter Wijngaards:
    > The confine-to-zone: yesno option from Greg Bock, if enabled stops NSD
    > from responding with data outside of the zone the query was aimed at.
    > Answers contain data that comes from one zone only.

    Hello,

    maybe this feature break "minimal-responses: yes"

    dig @nsd-4.2.2 www.example. A
     -> give only an answer section

    dig @nsd-4.2.3 www.example. A
      -> give an answer AND additional section

    Andreas