[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.24 released

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Aug 13 17:42:25 UTC 2018

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018, Wouter Wijngaards wrote:

> It is possible to use nsd-control over a command pipe, without using
> TLS, by setting the name of the control socket file.  Access permissions
> on that file then act as the access control.  No TLS is used, because it
> is not network traffic, and this is likely faster.
>
> Also systemd support is added for readiness signalling.  Enabled with
> use-systemd: yes.

configure: error: systemd enabled but need pkg-config to configure for
it, also, run aclocal before autoconf, or run autoreconf to include
pkgconfig macros

It seems this was only tsted on debian/ubuntu ?

I looked at systemd.m4 (but I have childhood nightmares about m4)

         PKG_CHECK_MODULES([SYSTEMD], [libsystemd], [have_systemd=yes], [have_systemd=no])

rhel/fedora/centos does not have libsystemd, only systemd-libs and
systemd but my attempts to hack this without needing to rerun autoreconf
failed :/ So for now, I'm adding a dependency on autoconf to our
package.

Paul