[nsd-users] Problems with subdomains in NSD

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Oct 26 14:07:45 UTC 2016

On 26/10/16 15:52, Tim Smith wrote:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing your nsd.conf. The configuration looks fine.

So let's see. You create a zone "example.org" with some records in it.
Then you add more records to it, and reload this zone. And your slaves
don't appear to load the new zone?

The usual problem in such a case is that you've forgotten to incrememt
the serial number in the zone's SOA record. If slaves see the same
serial number they won't transfer the zone. Whenever you make any change
to the zone, you need to increment the serial by at least 1. Does this help?

Regards,
Anand