[nsd-users] NSD does not automatically start on FreeBSD reboot

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Wed Mar 17 17:15:48 UTC 2010

This may be the wrong mailing list, but I suspect some of you have experience with this. I installed NSD from the FreeBSD ports collection, and it runs just fine. I made sure that rc.conf has nsd_enable="YES". Yesterday, the system rebooted and NSD didn't come up. It starts fine with "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nsd start", but it did not come up on reboot. I just rebooted to test again, and it again fails to come up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.