[nsd-users] nsd as bind slave (xfer problem)

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Feb 17 08:58:50 UTC 2009

Aaron Hopkins wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Thomas Krause wrote:
>> Now I want to add additional slave zones to the server. But this works
>> only with stopping and starting the nsd process. None of the other
>> nsdc commands starts the zone transfer from the master.
>> What is wrong?
>
> As far as I know, nsd can't add or remove zones while running.  This was a
> feature requested years ago, but I haven't seen any announcements of
> progress on it.

The reason for this is, is that it is required to re-read the
configuration file. The decision was to not read the configuration file
while running in order to minimalize security vulnerabilities.