which is the vaild a format?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Mon Dec 11 08:46:41 UTC 2006

hi,
imho it's nothing to d with other part of the zone, that's why i refer
only this part, but here is a full zone file example:
--------------------------------------
$TTL 2D
@       1H      SOA     ns1.example.com.     hostmaster.example.com. (
                        2006120901      ; serial
                        12H             ; refresh
                        2H              ; retry
                        4W              ; expire
                        1H)             ; minimum
                NS              ns1.example.com.
                NS              ns2.example.com.
                MX      10      mx1.example.com.
                MX      20      mx2.example.com.
$ORIGIN example.com.
                CNAME           www
www             CNAME           x
x               A               1.2.3.4
ns1             A               1.2.3.5
ns2             A               1.2.3.6
mx1             A               1.2.3.7
mx2             A               1.2.3.8
this is not accepted by bind, but accepted by nsd and if use a bind as a
slave for this zone where nsd is the master (which accept this zone)
then got the error which i send originally. so the question it's a bind
bug or nsd?

ps. to turn the pointer is a good idea anyway:-)