[net-dns-users] Release candidate for Net::DNS::SEC 1.04

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Feb 7 11:23:25 UTC 2018

Dear all,

We have a candidate for the 1.04 release of Net::DNS::SEC.

Net::DNS::SEC is dependent on the Crypt::OpenSSL::(DSA|EDSA|RSA) modules
for the cryptographic operations.  Unfortunately these modules have not
remained up-to-date with the underlying OpenSSL C library and are now
non functional with OpenSSL releases from version 1.1.0 and higher.

This release contains a Perl foreign function interface on the OpenSSL
libcrypto library directly and is no longer dependent on the
Crypt::OpenSSL::(DSA|EDSA|RSA) modules, providing more flexibility in
OpenSSL upgrade strategies.

This is a non trivial architectural change. Therefore we ask you to
review this candidate extra thoroughly. If no issues arise, the actual
release will follow Wednesday the 14 February 2018.

link  : http2://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-SEC-1.03_08.tar.gz
sha256: 13e95d088786f58a17deaae0bb10e7e11c8aed2c8d63c71bd3d463ea5ae350c3
asc   : http2://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-SEC-1.03_08.tar.gz.asc

Changes
=======
**** 1.04 [unreleased]

Feature
	Cryptographic library access re-engineered using PerlXS
	directly instead of CPAN Crypt::OpenSSL::(DSA|EDSA|RSA)
	distributions which have fallen into disrepair.