[net-dns-users] With 1.05 on OS X I'm not seeing errorstring on queries

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Apr 12 00:32:45 UTC 2016

April 8 2016 5:21 PM, "Dick Franks"  wrote:
On 8 April 2016 at 18:09, Doug Barton  wrote:
I'm on a Mac with Perl 5.18.2, and Net::DNS 1.05 installed via CPAN and local::lib. I have some scripts that I've been using for over a decade that are suddenly failing because I'm not getting anything from the errorstring method. It's not returning anything at all. With all the same stuff and a similar script that uses axfr I do get the expected response from the errorstring method. I always use send in scripts, but I've tried search and query too, same results.

Is this a known issue? I can put together a small test script to demonstrate if necessary, but I wanted to check first if there is something obvious that I'm missing.

hard to tell without a specific example

Fair enough, thanks for the response. :) I have created a demo script that does things the same way I do them in my larger, more complex scripts, and attached the output that I get when I run it. I turned on debug for the queries so that it's easy to see that the query itself actually succeeded, and returns the expected result.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated, as at this point this issue is blocking other work.

Doug