[ldns-users] ldns 1.6.17 rc1

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jan 3 19:55:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, Willem Toorop wrote:

> We have a release candidate for ldns 1.6.17

> This version will continue using a SONAME version equal to the version
> of the package: libldns.so.1.6.17.  This after careful consideration
> and internal discussion.  If you feel this is wrong, please speak up.
>
> Please review this release candidate carefully and let us know if
> anything is wrong.  If all is well, the actual release will follow
> Friday January the 10th 2014.

Something changed with the python files. These are not getting installed
for me in /usr/lib/python/ instead of /usr/lib64/python/
I confirmed my build environments. It happens on f19 and f20. Also, ldns
1.6.16 properly puts the files in the arch specific directory. It seems
to be an issue in "make install", but currently too sick look into this
further.

Paul