[ldns-users] 'example' tool: ldns-3597

Jelte Jansen jelte.jansen at sidn.nl
Fri Apr 19 14:27:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I needed something to rewrite a specific subset of types in
RFC3597-unknown-type syntax (e.g. TYPEXXX \# <hex data>) (In my
particular use-case i am signing something with ldns-signzone that has a
few old and exotic types which not all name servers, including NSD,
accept), so I wrote a little tool to do that; ldns-3597.

I *think* this could be part of the examples of ldns, and perhaps even
an optional feature in ldns-read-zone, but I'm not sure whether the
use-case is general enough.

Anyway, I've put up an initial version at

http://tjeb.nl/opendir/3597/ldns-3597.c

Jelte