[ldns-users] patch for feature, and a bug report :)

Willem Toorop Willem at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Jun 1 14:56:35 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

Op 28-05-12 05:44, Paul Wouters schreef:
> The attached patch adds the -0 option to ldns-read-zone:

It is a nice idea. Though we cannot let ldns_rr2buffer_str_fmt alter the
rr. It just has to print it. I've applied your patch with a few
adaptations so it doesn't destroy the rr fed to ldns_rr2buffer_str_fmt.
Thanks!

While I was at it I also added the long awaited -p option for
ldns-read-zone to prepend-pad SOA Serials to ten characters.

Op 28-05-12 05:44, Paul Wouters schreef:
> Now for the bug, when looking through the ldns-read-zone code, I
> noticed:
<snip>
> In fact, grepping through the source, it seems that no one ever sets
> these, so the code is effectively never called.

In fact LDNS_COMMENT_KEY is set by default. LDNS_COMMENT_RRSIGS may not
be used in our code, but may be used by users of the library. It is part
of the published library API. We can not simply remove it because we
don't use it ourselves. Someone else might.

Cheers,

-- Willem