[ldns-users] ldns patch for ldns-verify-zone to take a time offset

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 2 18:18:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Willem Toorop wrote:

>> If there is a good reason to change the API, you should change the
>> API.
>
> Okay! We will pass check_time down, but we don't have to break the API
> by creating new functions and let the old ones call the new ones with
> the value returned from time(NULL).

Ok. In case it is useful, here is the full patch that also addresses
drill and ldns-python to deal with the check_time argument.

Note that you might want to consider allowing a negative off set as well,
so you could check the zone file based on "yesterday".

Since there are casts to uinet32_t right now, that might not work currently.

Paul