[ldns-users] drill -k <DS> ?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Tue Mar 8 10:11:11 UTC 2011

Hi Wouter,

>> >From a semantic point of view "ldns-verify-zone" sound more appropriate,
>> but from a code point of view unbound-host does the job but is only
>> missing the option to direct the query to a specific nameserver. Which,
>> IMHO, would be useful for any unbound-host user.
>
> But you can do this via the config file option:
>
> unbound-host -C unbound.conf  and put a stub-zone: "example.com"
> stub-addr: 127.0.0.1 at 53  or something in there.

Sure, but as my validation is on a different server for each check, that
would imply building a custom unbound.conf on the fly. Certainly doable,
and certainly ugly.

You just cannot beat command-line options :)

(this said, a command-line option to which you could feed any of the
allowed conf-file statements would be a very nice thing, and solve all
command-line shortcomings in one go)

Best,
Gilles

--