[ldns-users] ldns clean target, spec file for rpm building

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Oct 5 10:10:29 UTC 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> some comments about ldns :)

always nice to receive :)

> It seems the Makefile is incorrectly using prefix instead of my directed
> --libdir directory. The Makefile shows that while using
> ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64, I end up with:
>
> These are all not using configure's --libdir argument properly.
> Makefile.in has the proper reference:
>
> install-lib:    lib
>                  $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp libldns.la $(libdir)
>                  $(LIBTOOL) --mode=finish $(libdir)
>
> I *think* this is partialy fixed by adding the following line to Makefile.in
>
> libdir          = @libdir@
>
> But I am not an autoconf/automake/libtool expert, so someone who is should
> verify this.

yes there were some prefix references instead of libdir (and some other
ones). They should be fixed now (in trunk)

> I would personally call the "progs" target "programs". And there should
> probably be a "install-progs" (or install-programs) target.

they are all moved to the examples/ dir now anyway, the progs targets
have been removed

> And finally, as with the nsd build process, the 'make install' target does
> not allow installing in a "dist" or "inst_prefix_dir"  directory, so it
> cannot be re-used for rpm building.

i have no experience with rpm building, what exactly is needed besides
prefix and *dir configure arguments? (in the make/configuration
department that is)

Jelte