[ldns-users] ldns clean target, spec file for rpm building

Miek Gieben miekg at atoom.net
Wed Oct 5 07:40:20 UTC 2005

[On 05 Oct, @09:28, Paul Wouters wrote in "[ldns-users] ldns clean target ..."]

> Hi guys,
>
> some comments about ldns :)
>
> It seems the Makefile is incorrectly using prefix instead of my directed
> --libdir directory. The Makefile shows that while using
> ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64, I end up with:

there are about a gazillion things different in the new (and improved
:) ) Makefile and autoconf setup. Jelte should have the details,

If you want to test go to:
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/ldns/svn/
and check out trunk.

> dnssec.c: In function 'ldns_create_nsec':
> dnssec.c:1231: warning: 'owner' is used uninitialized in this function
> dnssec.c:1231: warning: 'nsec_types' is used uninitialized in this function

totally rewritten, now it actually does something ;-)

> and:
>
> doxygen: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ldns-0.70/ldns/buffer.h:482: Warning: Found unknown command `\0'
> doxygen: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ldns-0.70/ldns/buffer.h:483: Warning: Found unknown command `\0'

fixed.

> doxygen: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ldns-0.70/ldns/resolver.h:295: Warning: argument `resolver' of command @param is not found in the argument list of ldns_axfr_last_pkt(ldns_resolver *res)
> doxygen: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ldns-0.70/ldns/resolver.h:295: Warning: The following parameters of ldns_axfr_last_pkt(ldns_resolver *res) are not documented:
>    parameter res

fixed.

> I would personally call the "progs" target "programs". And there should
> probably be a "install-progs" (or install-programs) target.
>
> And finally, as with the nsd build process, the 'make install' target does
> not allow installing in a "dist" or "inst_prefix_dir"  directory, so it
> cannot be re-used for rpm building.

I believe that was also fixed,

thanks for your comments,

grtz Miek