[Dnssec-trigger] Help diagnose DNSSEC hostile network

Arne Jørgensen arne at arnested.dk
Fri Sep 12 05:05:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

Recently something changed in the network at my work and now
Dnssec-Trigger bails out with "The Network Fails to Support DNSSEC".

Dnssec-Trigger still works fine on other networks so it seems obvious
that something changed somewhere in the network at work or at my
workplaces internet supplier.

If I am to report this as a problem I would like to supply them with a
more precise description of what they changed and how they could fix it
(otherwise the report will most likely be shelved).

What should I look for? What is the best way to diagnose such a problem?

The probe results contain this info:

#v+
dnssec-trigger 0.12
results from probe at 2014-09-12 06:53:04

ssl443 185.49.140.67: error TCP connection failure
tcp80 185.49.140.67: error TCP connection failure
authority 192.5.5.241: error timeout
http fedoraproject.org (209.132.181.16): OK
cache 91.143.114.64: error timeout
cache 91.143.112.64: error timeout
cache 91.143.114.64: error timeout
cache 91.143.112.64: error timeout

DNS queries are sent to INSECURE servers.
Please, be careful out there.
#v-

Kind regards,
Arne Jørgensen