[Dnssec-trigger] Dnssec-Trigger and MacOSX 10.8.3

Bry8 Star bry8star at inventati.org
Wed Sep 18 09:50:04 UTC 2013

Hi Wouter,

THANKS.

(Yes, the uninstall script was there, sorry for adding request on
that too quickly).

Earlier i used unbound from homebrew, on another apple-mac, that
worked fine as expected.

But if i could disable DnssecTrigger portion, and keep Unbound
running, then that would have been better.

I will request the user to let me have access to it for few more
days, and will enable debugging.

(Direct IP-address based connections are working fine).

Brand new Apple-Mac, just taken out of box.  DnssecTrigger was
installed as 6th, right after : (1) system update, (2) Firefox, (3)
Firefox extensions, (4) Microsoft Office, (5) Office update.

I think i also noticed such, few times after restart, in Firefox few
selective site worked/resolved for first few minutes, then they
stopped working.  Could it be, that, DnssecTrigger 1st starts to use
dns-result from some cache, and then DnssecTrigger may be switching
into another cache or another dns-resolver, and that 2nd cache is
empty or that another dns-resolver is inaccessible.  None of the
other/system apps was able to resolve dns after installing
DnssecTrigger.

Anyway needs more debugging.

Thanks again,
-- Bright Star.

Received from W.C.A. Wijngaards, on 2013-09-18 1:06 AM: