git commit messages in unbound git repo (and others)
Michael Tokarev
mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Sep 17 09:38:57 UTC 2026
Hi!
This is something I wanted to bring up for quite some time.
What is the software unbound authors use to browse git history and
to perform git commits?
The git commit messages are very unusual, I haven't seen such
usage anywhere else.
Usually it is:
<short summary line, just a few words>
<long, multi-line. explanation of the change, with
thanks, credits, use cases and other info>
Just line in email with subject and body. This is, basically,
how all the world does git. Here, everything goes into the
first "subject line", but this subject line itself becomes
multi-line. It does not fit anywhere, it isn't readable, it is
ugly when viewed with standard (and not-so-standard) tools.
Maybe I just don't know how to use git properly, or don't have
proper tools (is the original git improper?)?
Thanks,
/mjt
More information about the Unbound-users
mailing list