From mjt at tls.msk.ru Thu Sep 17 09:38:57 2026 From: mjt at tls.msk.ru (Michael Tokarev) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 12:38:57 +0300 Subject: git commit messages in unbound git repo (and others) Message-ID: <20437693-58e1-4fb0-9b8f-95750c93fc83@tls.msk.ru> Hi! This is something I wanted to bring up for quite some time. What is the software unbound authors use to browse git history and to perform git commits? The git commit messages are very unusual, I haven't seen such usage anywhere else. Usually it is: Just line in email with subject and body. This is, basically, how all the world does git. Here, everything goes into the first "subject line", but this subject line itself becomes multi-line. It does not fit anywhere, it isn't readable, it is ugly when viewed with standard (and not-so-standard) tools. Maybe I just don't know how to use git properly, or don't have proper tools (is the original git improper?)? Thanks, /mjt