FreeBSD 14.0 headache -- I am a noob

Chris Public2 at xymox1.com
Thu May 16 14:06:25 UTC 2024

I have run Unbound for rDNS use on a older server for a long time. I
recently went from FreeBSD 13.3 to FreeBSD 14.0. The server has 3 Intel
NIC cards with 2 ports each. 3 outgoing-interface, 3 interface. While
all 6 ports worked in every way I could test, they did not work
correctly on Unbound. Only 1 port on each card was working for DNS.

I am not savvy enough to really drill into what was going on fully.

This was true with a fresh install of FreeBSD 14.0 and a default config
of Unbound.

Moving back to FreeBSD 13.3 resolved the issue.

Hard for me to understand how the dual NICs worked ok for everything
except Unbound. I tested Apache thru them, FTP, SSH and ping. These all
worked fine. Unbound, not so much. VERY odd.. Maybe its just my old
server hardware and something in NIC drivers..