Unbound generates header-only REFUSED responses

Philip Homburg philip at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Jul 10 12:20:51 UTC 2024

On 10/07/2024 13:13, Florian Weimer via Unbound-users wrote:
> It's certainly useful for testing, thanks.
>
> It doesn't really move me closer to a decision whether we should merge
> the glibc change to match error responses without a question section.

A random idea, I don't know if this solves your issue. What you could do
is keep the response without question section and return that response
instead a timeout. The advantage is that if any other reply arrives or
any other resolver responds, the caller will get an an answer. And in
case this is the only response, the caller gets a reason the request
fails instead of a timeout.