tuning unbound

Erik Ruwalder erik.ruwalder at agfa.com
Sat May 27 12:55:48 UTC 2023

Hello,

I think I sometimes have a problem with TCP in my unbound installation. We process around 1000 req/sec.
And sometimes (every few months) TCP connections get stuck. [restarting the daemon helps]
Do I have to tune this? And how to detect that I have an issue with TCP? (log messages to look for?)

       incoming-num-tcp: <number>

              Number  of  incoming TCP buffers to allocate per thread. Default

              is 10. If set to 0, or if do-tcp is "no", no  TCP  queries  from

              clients  are  accepted. For larger installations increasing this

              value is a good idea.

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,
Erik.