can unbound do conditional forwarders? (and bypass DNSSEC checking for THOSE queries)

Rob McEwen rob at invaluement.com
Mon Mar 27 16:18:39 UTC 2023

Thanks Steven. So, for my example scenario, I think this is the answer
is the following? (please correct anything that's wrong or omitted)

(1) PUT THIS INTO THE "forward.conf" FILE:

stub-zone:
   name: "this.example.com"
   stub-addr: 127.0.0.2

(2) PUT THIS INTO THE "unbound.conf" file:

server:
     domain-insecure: "this.example.com"

And then restart the unbound service?

Then queries to anything.this.example.com would get their answers from
127.0.0.2, and DNSSEC wouldn't be checked for those - and all other
queries would operate normally, without any of this applying to queries
that don't end in this.example.com

Is that correct? If I did anything that's incorrect, or if I missed a
step - please let me know. (Also, as my original post mentioned, it's
important that this forwarder NOT apply to other zones!)

Rob McEwen, invaluement