DNSSEC validating resolver on machines without RTC or wrong date

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 19:41:59 UTC 2023

Yes, something like that should work. But I think we lack some systemd
target, which would announce the time is already synchronized. Then some
single-run service could have

After=time-set.target
After=unbound.service

ExecStartPost=unbound-control insecure_del ntp.pool.org
ExecStartPost=unbound-control flush_zone ntp.pool.org

Without guessing by dig it is already reachable. But yes, something like
that should work.

I think it may make sense to have unbound-control flush_validate
command. After I remove insecure flag to ntp.pool.org, I could just
request revalidation of that that name. If anything under it were
signed, but did not pass validation before or now, just flush such
records. In most cases the data are already good, just have to be
validated and marked secure. It could avoid innecessary new query for
the same thing.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer, RHEL