DNSSEC validating resolver on machines without RTC or wrong date

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 19:23:25 UTC 2023

If you add this into /etc/hosts, then you could instead just use fixed
address(es) in NTP service instead of a name. The use of DNS is good,
because you can change it on server only and clients will notice that soon.

If you hardcode IP address or address for the name, then there is no
reason to use the name anymore. A comment above IP addresses would be
just as good.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer, RHEL