Would be unbound good candidate to replace systemd-resolved on desktop?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri May 27 14:01:06 UTC 2022

On Thu, 26 May 2022, Tom Samplonius via Unbound-users wrote:

>  And I don’t care about split DNS either.  It isn’t a feature that I’d ever use, or recommend anyone else use.  If you have to do split DNS, the capability already exists.  No need to write a new abstraction to it.

And to add to this. In the enterprise, cloud or container universes,
split-dns is simply done by pointing all nodes to a corporate DNS
server that handles the split.  There is no need for each node to be
reconfigured. So split DNS support as mentioned by Petr is another
"only on mobile devices" feature.

And that's why I find it odd that the push for systemd-resolved on the
enterprise OS is so strong, as really it is almost exclusively useful
on mobile devices.

Paul