failed to prime trust anchor

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Tue May 3 15:31:32 UTC 2022

This happens often when used forwarder filters out DNSSEC records like
RRSIG.

If you are not using forwarders, someone on your connection might
intercept those queries and answer them instead of root servers, without
proper signatures. If that were the case, you should not use such
connection.

Try command "dig +dnssec @a.root-servers.net | grep RRSIG" for any root
server you want to check. It should always deliver RRSIG.

root-servers.net should not have DNSKEY, they are unsigned. That is okay.

Ensure you have dnskey query working:

unbound-host -rvD -t dnskey .

that should report (secure) for all queries.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB