Can I tell unbound to forward all requests except for some domains?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Mar 5 23:36:50 UTC 2022

I was able to use

forward-zone:
	name: "spamhaus.org"
	forward-addr: 127.0.0.1 at 1053 # do not resolve spamhaus via public DNS resolvers

Because I have a second non-forwarding unbound running on port 1053 for rspamd already (which has more or less the same issue, but which — unlike postfix — can be told to use a different name server itself)

So, for spamhaus.org alone, I forward to my own second unbound which does not forward to quad9.

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>