Can I tell unbound to forward all requests except for some domains?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Mar 5 01:36:38 UTC 2022

I am using unbound and it is configured to use cloud9 as a forwarder.

But spamhaus.org DNSBL will not answer requests for IP addresses from public DNS, such as cloud9.

So, what I would like to do is configure unbound in such a way that it always goes to cloud9, except when the query is about spamhaus.org. Can I do that?

If that is not possible, I would like to configure unbound that is forwards everything to cloud9, unless it comes from a specific set of local IP addresses. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>