How stop the system which creates the file resolvconf_resolver.conf in unbound.conf.d ?

dy1977 at orange.fr dy1977 at orange.fr
Mon Jun 6 16:19:31 UTC 2022

I found the answer to the question below just 15 minutes after I posted
the question (I have worked on this problem for weeks).

The cause is the following line in /etc/reslvconf.conf :

unbound_conf=/etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d/resolvconf_resolvers.conf

Delete or comment it, delete the file, restart unbound, and all is OK.

Dysmas

Since I updated some of my systems to Debian 11 , I have seen appearing
in my unbound.conf.d directory a strange file named resolvconf_resolver.conf

It is impossible to modify or delete this file, it is recreated in its
previous state when I restart unbound.

I have the proof on two systems that it is the cause of at least some of
the validation failure I have since I am in Debian . The content of this
file is :

# Generated by resolvconf

forward-zone:
     name: "home"
     forward-addr: 10.0.111.250

forward-zone:
     name: "."
     forward-addr: 10.0.111.250

The IP address is the address of my internet box. Setting this as a
forward zone does not seem a good idea.

I find incredible that an external system activates a forward-zone
without my consent.

How can I disable that ?

I do not have the resolvconf packet installed. I do not find a systemd
configuration. I really do not know where this comes from.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dysmas