TLS upstream connections get closed despite keepalive

George Thessalonikefs george at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jul 21 13:55:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

You are missing "tcp-reuse-timeout:" from your configuration.
That is the value that will keep the persistent connections open (at
least from Unbound's side).

"max-reuse-tcp-queries:" can cause a persistent connection to close
prematurely before the timeout is reached.

Timeouts for expecting an answer and responses to queries we did not
ask, can also cause the connection to close prematurely.

The connection can also be closed for the other side.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
-- George