Unbound 1.16.1 pre-release
wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 4 12:23:15 UTC 2022
Unbound 1.16.1rc1 pre-release is available:
This release fixes a number of bugs. The number of nxdomains encountered
when looking up a nameserver is not counted as such when the lookup was
from cache. Also parent side queries are not created when the addresses
are lame or already in cache. This solves lookup problems of domains
with a lot of nxdomains, and that have parent-child differences.
Algorithms that are not supported are disabled when the system OpenSSL
does not provide them, for FIPS OpenSSL installations.
Unbound sets IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT socket option on outgoing tcp
sockets to make the port space larger that can be used. The number of
outgoing udp packets is collected in the num.query.udpout statistic.
- Fix #704: [FR] Statistics counter for number of outgoing UDP queries
sent; introduces 'num.query.udpout' to the 'unbound-control stats'
- makedist.sh picks up 32bit libssp-0.dll when 32bit compile.
- Fix for edns client subnet to respect not looking in its cache when
instructed to do so (e.g., prefetch).
- Merge PR #688: Rpz url notify issue.
- Note in the unbound.conf text that NOTIFY is allowed from the url:
addresses for auth and rpz zones.
- Remove unused LDNS function check for GOST Engine unloading.
- Fix for loading locally stored zones that have lines with blanks or
blanks and comments.
- Fix #663: use after free issue with edns options.
- Clarify -v flag manpage entry (#705)
- Fix test program dohclient close to use portability routine.
- Show the output of the exact .rpl run that failed with 'make test'.
- Fix for cached 0 TTL records to not trigger prefetching when
serve-expired-client-timeout is set.
- Add debug option to the mini_tdir.sh test code.
- Fix to not count cached NXDOMAIN for MAX_TARGET_NX.
- Allow fallback to the parent side when MAX_TARGET_NX is reached.
This will also allow MAX_TARGET_NX more NXDOMAINs.
- iana portlist update.
- Fix detection of libz on windows compile with static option.
- Fix compile warning for windows compile.
- Merge PR #706: NXNS fallback.
- From #706: Cached NXDOMAIN does not increase the target nx
- From #706: Don't generate parent side queries if we already
have the lame records in cache.
- From #706: When a lame address is the best choice, don't try to
generate target queries when the missing targets are all lame.
- Merge PR #671 from Petr Menšík: Disable ED25519 and ED448 in FIPS
mode on openssl3.
- Merge PR #660 from Petr Menšík: Sha1 runtime insecure.
- For #660: formatting, less verbose logging, add EDE information.
- Fix for correct openssl error when adding windows CA certificates to
the openssl trust store.
- Improve val_sigcrypt.c::algo_needs_missing for one loop pass.
- Reintroduce documentation and more EDE support for
- Fix bug introduced in 'improve val_sigcrypt.c::algo_needs_missing for
one loop pass'.
- Merge PR #668 from Cristian Rodríguez: Set IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT on
outbound tcp sockets.
Best regards, Wouter
More information about the Unbound-users