Unbound 13.2 inside docker question

Marek Abram marek.w.abram at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 05:54:48 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have a unbound 13.2 running in my docker container on Synology NAS and its is working. However I have one question.
My plan is to use it as primary DNS on my LAN. When I access NAS where docker is installed and perform nslookup I get a proper response from unbound DNS IP. Same if I am on a different computer, setup DNS to point to NAS IP (192.168.50.200) and its responding properly to dig command.

One issue I have, is when I am inside the container and perform dig command like dig cnn.com @192.168.50.200. This is the same IP I used at my network device as DNS server. I get this error message. Unbound is configured an interface 0.0.0.0 at 53

;; reply from unexpected source: 172.17.0.1#53, expected 192.168.50.200#53