Multiple distinct resolver caches possible?

Douglas Mayle dmayle at dmayle.com
Sun Jan 16 04:24:50 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I'm new to unbound, trying to migrate an existing dnsmasq config I'm
running, and not finding the answer in the manual (yet).

Is it possible to have multiple distinct resolver caches running?  My
router manages multiple completely distinct networks that should *not*
share any dns information, including resolver caches.  On my existing
dnsmasq setup, I run multiple instances of dnsmasq each bound to a
different interface to avoid breaking down that barrier.

Is there any way to have distinct caches in unbound, or will I have to run
multiple instances as well?

Kind regards,
Douglas Mayle