Problem with pidfile and permission...

Dimitri dimitri_emich at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 4 23:22:22 UTC 2022

Hi Chris

> What permissions does /test/unbound/ && /test/ have?

Directorie /test and subs all owned by the user "test_unbound"

> IOW does the unbound user own them?

No, i don't using the standard "unbound" user. I use "test_unbound" which i of course set in the config.

> Is /test/unbound/unbound.pid owned by the unbound user?

The pidfile only exists on runtime when Unbound at startup creates it.
When i manually start unbound, it creates the pidfile correct owned by the user "test_unbound".
And yes, the user "test_unbound" exists ;)

Like i said, this doesn't seems like a "real" permission problem because (as the output says) unbound drops the privileges only
after chdir and chroot and the error comes before chdir in the output.
So i think that unbound creates the pidfile as root and then changed the owner.

Hi tito,

no, i don't use apparmor.