unbound stops responding when connection to upstream breaks

Chris Snell unbound-users at chrissnell.com
Fri Feb 11 14:53:23 UTC 2022

Thanks George, that helps a lot.   It would be really helpful if the Unbound docs included a "road warrior" example for running Unbound on a laptop that forwards all its queries elsewhere.  Having infra-host-ttl set low is a big improvement for this use case, but it's not very obvious when reading the documentation as a new user (who probably aren't reading the long doc linked below).

It would be helpful to have sane configuration examples in the docs for the following use cases:

- Home desktops (the default config as presented by the current docs?)
- Road warrior laptops that frequently change IP addresses, use VPNs, etc., and forward all queries over TLS to an off-site recursive resolver
- An offsite recursive resolver to use over TLS by  home desktops and road warrior setups who want to avoid sniffing by consumer ISPs.
- A recursive resolver for use in high-traffic settings

Thanks again!

Chris