Disable IPv6 queries/response for certain domains

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:24:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

we are using a service which is behind Cloudflare. We are experiencing
problems when we use this service via IPv6. While working with the
service provider to resolve this issue, I am looking for a quick
mitigation by forcing IPv4-only resolution for this service.

Is there a way to force IPv4-ony responses (i.e. drop any IPv6
queries/answers) for certain domains using unbound?

I don't want to pin to certain IPv4 addresses because I don't know if
Cloudflare will changes IP addresses. I.e. IPv4 lookup is still
wanted.

Thanks!

Igor