/etc/hosts handling plugin for unbound

Daisuke HIGASHI daisuke.higashi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:29:44 UTC 2022

  Unbound has some function to load local data dynamically such as
"local-data" configuration or RPZ, or modifying DNS response with Python
script.  So if somebody (including me) wants to load hosts file to Unbound,
they will just write a script that _fulfills their requirements_.

  I understand that ability to loading /etc/hosts as local data (by just
giving /etc/hosts path) is useful for some people, but I don't know how the
function should be and fulfills many users' requirements. Needs to add PTR
records? Needs to add some domain suffix?