/etc/hosts handling plugin for unbound

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 15:42:11 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

Is there some plugin for automatically watching /etc/hosts file for
changes and loading them as a local data?

I am thinking about supporting unbound as a default localhost cache. But
I think many people rely on /etc/hosts changes are propagated
automatically to the cache. Dnsmasq and systemd-resolved both try to
watch this file and re-read it after changes.

Is there any existing way to populate local data automatically from it?
Is it already possible to synchronize local data in unbound with legacy
text file?

Regards,
Petr

--