Unbound and DNSSEC validation

George Thessalonikefs george at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Apr 20 01:23:15 UTC 2022

Hi Luca,

This is not possible. The validator module always tries to validate the
records so that they are entered in the cache with the appropriate
DNSSEC status.
This also allows for bogus answers to be cached with the configured
'val-bogus-ttl:' (default 60 secs; to prevent repeated revalidation of
bogus data) since the TTL from the bogus answer cannot be trusted.

As a side note you could use 'domain-insecure:' for specific zones and
that would signal the validator to not attempt validation there (so no
DNSKEY queries), but I don't think that is relevant with your question.

Best regards,
-- George